|Job Description:|| |
Performs preventative and repair maintenance for existing plant equipment. Installs and disassembles electrical and mechanical equipment for new projects. Trouble shoots electrical and mechanical systems for proper operation.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintains power system for 480vac, 3 phase and 208/120vac, single phase equipment.
•.Knowledgeable in PLC and relay controls.
* Knowledgeable in process instruments including pressure, flow, and load cell transmitters.
• Operates all mobile equipment i.e. man lift, forklift, scissor lift required to perform repairs and installations.
• Train upward to become certified operator on 15 ton mobile crane and associated rigging.
• Ability to arc weld and use a cutting torch.
• Assists other maintenance personnel on an as-needed basis in the repair and adjustment of equipment.
• Maintains other equipment such as: conveyors, screw augers, kiln, coolers, water, air and hydraulic systems.
• Maintains availability when on standby during off-duty hours.
• Ensures that the work areas, equipment, and work practices are in compliance with the regulatory codes, statues, and company requirements.
• Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and the continued safe functioning of plant equipment and facilities.
• Assists in the development of written safety procedures prepared for jobs performed in the material handling department.
• Follows ISO procedures to complete duties as required by the job specification.
• Advises the supervisor on matters relating to the improvement and maintenance of coke quality and workmanship.
• Makes recommendations whenever possible regarding potential improvements in operation or maintenance of plant facilities through changes and modifications in material, equipment, procedures and schedules.
• Ensures compliance with safety, personnel, timekeeping, payroll, attendance and other plant procedures or guidelines.
• Maintains communications with the supervisor and coworkers on matters concerning daily activities.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required.
Oxbow is an Equal Opportunity Employer